Interested in life’s big questions? Appreciate discussion with no agendas? -
What’s the big idea? We’re a small group of lay people, interested in setting up a discussion group. In the rush of our daily lives we can often find it hard to reflect on the bigger questions of life’s meaning, its purpose, & our wider beliefs. We’d like to create a safe space where people can come together to think/share ideas on issues like:
- What’s our life purpose/from where does this arise?
- What/how do I believe – how do we arrive at beliefs?
- Beliefs around death & suffering.
- Spirituality & religion: where do we find like-minded people & a place for our spiritual journey?
We have no ‘agenda’ – political, religious or otherwise.
We’re looking for 12 people to participate in our 1st group. We’ll explore this model of being together & consider whether & how we can extend the dialogue more. The format would be:
- 6 x 1.5hr sessions – starting Mar/Apr (depending on recruitment).
- On alternate Thurs eves, 6.30pm – 8pm (Wimbledon area, accessible to public transport).
- Sessions to include discussion in groups of 3-4, the wider group & a short period of quiet meditation.
- It is free (but we may have to share costs of venue hire).
By the end of the sessions, we hope that you would have clarified your thinking/found inspiration/new ideas from others & considered whether you want to continue this journey in whatever format & setting feels appropriate to you. Interested? Please contact Liz Aram:
; 020 8936 9737: 07812 599340.